Jun 18, 2008

My 1st Father's Day


Being a new father is a crazy experience, and at times I almost cannot believe its true. Just grasping the mere concept that I am responsible for another lifeform is amazing! So this past sunday was crazy because it was my first father's day. I think it started on friday, when my co-worker Adriene sad Happy Father's Day to me as we left the job when it hit me. I knew father's day was coming up, but didn't even take into consideration my own relation to the holiday. So from then on until sunday, I just pondered and reflected upon the fact that "Wow, this is my first father's day!" On sunday actually, I recieved alot of text messages, and hits on aim saying "Happy Father's Day!" It was just shocking to me, and made me feel kind of "bubbly inside" - lol.

Usually Father's day is something that is forgotten about. Mother's day you gets all of the hype, and us as father's we are sometime left out of the mix not recieving the appreciation some deserve. Although there may be a lot of dead bat fathers out there, not all are. I think the messed up thing is how those who actually are doing their job kind of get forgotten. I'm glad that I have a support group behind me that actually gave me what a lot of father's dont get on that special, yet forgotten holiday on the calendar.

Other than that, the day was pretty cool. I just relaxed in the house and got a meal cooked for me by my baby's mother, and my little sister. They also baked me a cake, and that kind of made my day complete. I woke up pretty cranky that day so that seemed to lighten me up.

I guess its just another day for my scrapbook . . . lol
Another day in the life to add to my inspiration

-All is Love
-Feel-X

No comments: