Jun 25, 2009

Inspspiration of the week - week 2

Mike has been an inspiration to us all. The man was a symbol of a great artist and we do not have that today. When the music nowadays is over-saturated with labels trying to make a quick dollar off of an artist that may be "marketable" it takes away from the artistry. Evaluating Micheal Jackson's artistic value you can see that it is higher than any other performance artist that has come since him. A great performer, singer, and with records that provide entertainment with great concepts and his completely innocent package it will be hard for anyone to ever match that.

Even when you look at dance . . . Since the beginning of time there has been dance, and it has evolved into so many styles, but when you look at MJ you see that he is a dance entity of his own. So when you talk about the man, he has now become a part of the vocabulary of entertainment.

I myself am an artist, and the man has inspired me to grow past any other artistic norms. And although I am a Hip Hop artist, I still needed him to have the perception of the world I have today. A few months ago I actually made a re-make to his "Billie Jean" record because I thought it was a really creative and fun record. Historically it even serves as a monument, because "Billie Jean" was the first African American video to be played on MTV. With my version, I tried to put my own flip and add some humor to it to make it more urbanized and modern but I could not have made the record without Micheal coming first.

Its sad that the world didn't get to see what else he had to bring forth with his art. I was really anxious to hear the new album.

However I know that his music will always last and give us a moment of dance, escape, and in the right setting with songs like "Man in the Mirror" something to reflect upon in our own lives and better ourselves.

We will miss you MJ.

-All is Love

In remembrance give a listen to this. . . . My version of Billie Jean. and think of MJ's quote . . . "Never settle for nothing less than great!"


Billie Jean - Feel-X

No comments: